Wednesday, December 9, 2009

a Family Day

After my family came home, I had to work another day. After that I had a weekend... that's when it snowed. It was like
A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!
We got our wreaths up around the home
put the finishing touches on the tree (I had left some decorations in the storage unit)
and we played. I got to play with these kids all day.
This is the boys "hiding" behind the Christmas tree! Surprisingly I found them! (Yes, these boys wear their singlets every chance they get, every day!)
No matter how much we play though, my favorite part of day is dinner time. When we are in the kitchen cooking (Ryan always hangs out with me while I cook or while I bake)
and the kids play...together
they laugh, they race, I find heads between my legs while I try to cook...
We turn up the Christmas music LOUD (I love the music on and the TV OFF)
we talk, we laugh and the kids play
Its when Ryan and I get all of our good talking done
and I get to play with the kids while I bake for them. I love it. This time of day makes me feel like a Mom. When its not Christmas we usually listen to the Classic Rock station which here in Idaho plays a lot of Pink Floyd...or lately I have been really big on Country
Then we sit down to family dinner. I have read that family dinner is the most important time for children. Its the time when Children are able to interact with the parents, where good conversation is had and where manners are learned...
We are still learning the manners...but the family time is irreplaceable!
and it is my most favorite time of day!We hope you guys are having a happy Holiday season so far!!

1 comment: