Saturday, December 19, 2009

Waiting for Christmas

Christmas, WHERE ARE YOU?
Sometimes for the kids it feels like Christmas is never going to come. We have the advent calendars, that does help.
We have been doing a lot!
There have been a lot of Christmas movies! Paxton's favorite movie last year, and both Paxton and Gauge's favorite movie this year is Caillou's Holiday Movie- which I love. I think its a cute show. The only problem that I have with this movie...is that every year after Paxton watches it he asks me for a space station...because that's what Caillou gets.
First of all, where do you get a play station?! Second I don't even know what you would do with it...how do you play with that? Third, don't mean to be rude, just a little too nerdy.
So every year I have to come up with a new reason not to ask Santa for it... This year, he simply asked too late- PHEW! Santa's letter was already out. Cute movie though, I recommend it.
I have been making Christmas cookies. The problem is that I love to bake Christmas cookies. I just want to be in the kitchen doing this during the holidays. The other problem is...its too much sugar! But they are good!
When I don't have cookies on hand, or sweets in the house, sometimes just to be sweet, Ryan makes me something sweet. Cinnamon toast and Christmas movies. I love it because it was a treat my Dad would always make when we were little.
Do you remember that Grover's? Only he used oil to be healthier... and a paint brush to paint the oil on. But my Dad would always make Cinnamon toast when there was nothing sweet to eat.
Then we play. Ryan plays with the boys like crazy. All I hear while I bake is laughing. They run, hide, shoot, hide, scream and laugh.
oh, and they hide...
Shelbs gets into the mix too, in fact Shelby pile drives the boys when Ryan has them piled up on the ground. She isn't afraid to get into the mix at all.
Poor Gauge, he is helpless when Paxton gets away!
I have totally slacked on my Christmas shopping this year. I tried to go the other day and all of the stores were packed. This morning I got up at 4:30am and headed out to Walmart. The store was almost completely empty. I got my shopping done in record time for the kids. Not sure I will wait so long next time, but it feels really good to be done. We are finally ready, we can't wait for Christmas!

No comments: